View Single Post
Old 15th January 2010, 17:01   #1124  |  Link
QuadraQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC View Post
What happens if you feed the m2v+ac3 (not muxed) to AVStoDVD without the srt?
The first thing I tried was to remove the srt files from each title. I thought since I was getting the error messages, they might be the reason for the vob files cutting off prematurely. However they had nothing to do with it, because feeding in just the m2v files with their ac3 counterparts alone, gave me identical results sans subtitles. The vob still cut out at exactly the same place.

Conversely when I tried the already muxed mpg files, I added the srt files as well - after all removing them hadn't helped before, so I might as well include them. Sure enough the vob files came out correctly and even included the subtitles correctly.

Whatever is causing the error when converting the srt files, the program seems to be compensating for it in a way that doesn't hinder muxman at all. I'd just like to know more specifically what's going on, and be able to eliminate the error messages, because they halt the process until I click OK. I'm also worried that even though everything seems OK with the subtitles, that perhaps problems I haven't encountered yet, could show up eventually.

BTW I want to thank you for creating such a useful, and easy to use program.
QuadraQ is offline   Reply With Quote