View Single Post
Old 10th October 2019, 15:29   #1  |  Link
supersolo

Identify and correct IFO errors.

Hi.

My first post here, but I've lurked and learnt a lot here for many years. So firstly, thanks to those who have contributed to this forum in the spirit of helping others back up their DVDs.

For many years I've always got by with backing up DVDs using a few of the old favourite programs, although they're not developed any longer.

But then I tried to back up a DVD for the GF recently and ran into issues which I struggled to overcome.

I had some success by de-muxing the first VOB.
Then while looking at the original IFO file I thought I could see things didn't seem to "tie-up" with the start and end values for the VOBUs and sub titles didn't seem to be captured.

I edited an IFO for the VOBUs, just trying stuff out and more by luck than skill, I managed to correct the error I got in the original VOB. I managed to get the correct VOB play time and corrected a sound issue.

However, I'm unsure how I did it and after spending many hours searching threads on this forum and also viewing and researching the IFOEdit website, I've come to wonder if there is a kind of check-list or a "walk through" process for those of us who perhaps like me, would be happy to dig deeper into a VOB by de-muxing, so as to correct IFO issues?

Would anyone here be kind enough to describe how to systematically interogate a de-muxed VOB and correct any embedded IFO errors, please?
supersolo is offline   Reply With Quote