View Single Post
Old 20th July 2018, 00:16   #3119  |  Link
manolito

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC View Post
I have had a quick look to the mentioned thread, and, frankly speaking , I would not alter the current A2D code to deal with similar AVI titles. Also, the approximation to use 2997/100 config should be safer than the more accurate 30000/1001
I agree, most A2D users will never be affected by this ffms2 issue. BTW is there any situation at all where A2D will issue 1001 as the denominator? Because only then there is a problem. Using 23976/1000 works while 24000/1001 does not.

Whatever, what really bugs me is that there is no error message at all, you only see the problem if you step through the frames. And it must be a pretty stupid error because the old version 2.17 of ffms2 behaves just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC View Post
That's weird because it could become a general issue if the AAC-LATM standard will become popular. Do you know if qyot27 has plans to finally fix that?

An actual workaround for A2D could be to demux the 2nd (and above) track when a containing title is added. Not very elegant indeed. By the way I can add an entry to the FAQ/Audio section.

Bye
I have no idea if qyot27 cares for this problem at all. ffms2 depends on a couple of external libraries and headers, he has no control over these assets.

Demuxing the 2nd and above audio tracks does not work within A2D. FFmpeg tries to save the AAC-LATM audio tracks as standard AAC tracks, and this is not supported. The demuxed tracks come out totally silent.

Cheers
manolito
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote