View Single Post
Old 4th October 2020, 21:45   #3347  |  Link
manolito

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC View Post
...and better parsing of Mediainfo audio channels.
Thanks, this is a major progress, and the number of audio channels are now correctly detected even for the most demanding source files...

The test clip I mostly use is the helicopter demo from here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw...ElIcC1xTnF2Yk0
It has 2 audio tracks, but 3 audio streams. A nasty thing is that the second audio track contains an E-AC3 stream where MediaInfo reports 15 objects first, so A2D used to think that it had 15 audio channels.

This is now completely fixed, I tested at least 10 clips with 8-ch audio, and this new build always detected the correct number of channels.

There is a small glitch in the A2D GUI, though. For a source with 2 audio tracks users can switch the active audio track in the "View/Edit Titles" window. The change is correctly reflected in the AviSynth tab, and the preview also uses the selected audio track. But after selecting audio track #2 and pressing OK it is not possible to edit the title properties for audio track #2. Only track #1 shows up for editing, I found no way to select track #2.

As long as A2D detects the correct number of channels (which it does now) this is not a big problem, but it would be nice if it would get fixed.

The other bigger issue is for sources with more than 1 audio track. The "Helicopter" clip is a good example. The first audio track has two streams, so the index numbers for the audio get shifted if an FFMpeg based (i.e. stream based) software is used. If I specify to include both audio tracks in my project then FFMS2 will be called with "track=2" for the second audio track. This is wrong, to use the audio in the second audio track FFMS2 would have to be called with "track=3".

I cannot think of an automatic and foolproof way to fix this. It is the "culture clash" between enumerating audio track based or stream based. A foolproof workaround is to repack such source files into an MKV container before feeding them to AVStoDVD (MKVToolnix does this painlessly). When you feed this MKV into A2D every audio stream becomes a separate audio track again, and FFMS2 will use the correct track number for the second (or higher) audio track.

Whatever, thanks again for this latest build, it solves many problems...

Cheers
manolito
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote