View Single Post
Old 21st January 2019, 20:01   #218  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVspace View Post
In two-pass mode using a quick first pass can anyone inform me how to change a few of the first pass settings to achieve a slightly better quality? From what i read if you change a few things like raising the -me a few notches it gives you an improvement? In my command line it just shows the same settings as my main settings and i don't seem to be able to change anything.
Any Defaults will not Show up, Some require additional Options to become enabled.

Just be aware When No-Slow-pass is Enabled it also enables/changes these values:

Code:
--fast-intra --no-rect --no-amp --early-skip --ref 1 --max-merge 1 - -me DIA --subme 2 --rd 2
You also try use one of the lossless flags.

These are some of the Settings I use:

Code:
--output-depth 10 --aq-mode 1 --colorprim bt709 --colormatrix bt709 --transfer bt709 --range limited --no-info --no-deblock --no-sao --no-strong-intra-smoothing
The Last three options tends to detroy the detail in the picture. I have no idea why these are enabled by default.

This is one option that a major Studio uses with x265

Code:
--output-depth 10 --cu-lossless --limit-modes --aq-mode 1 --no-open-gop --pmode --pme --colorprim bt709 --colormatrix bt709 --transfer bt709 --range limited --repeat-headers --no-info --hrd --aud --no-deblock --no-sao --psy-rd 1 --no-strong-intra-smoothing