View Single Post
Old 29th June 2019, 15:06   #28580  |  Link
Lowpro

I'd love to be able to take a movie that includes shifting aspect ratios and run it through BD Rebuilder having it reencode the video, so that the end result is a fixed aspect ratio.

An example would be a movie in the 2.40:1 aspect ratio where in just a couple scenes the aspect ratio opens up to 1.78:1. Would love to be able to reencode the video so that the entire film is in 2.40:1 instead, the IMAX portions above and below the 2.40:1 portion being replaced with black bars as is the case with the rest of the film.

I watch movies using a front projector and 150" 1.78:1 projector screen. For aspect ratios north or south of 1.78:1 I mask down to the projected image area with black velvet masking. I'm not interested in leaving unused portions of my projector screen unmasked for the entire length of a scope film because for a couple minutes during the film the aspect ratio jumps to 1.78:1.

Curious to learn how feasible such an option might be for BD Rebuilder or if anyone knows, how I might go about accomplishing the same with other tools out there.
Lowpro is offline   Reply With Quote