View Single Post
Old 15th July 2015, 07:39   #729  |  Link
tartak

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
The problem can be caused by bad intel drivers in hw mode, and by an incorrectly installed or outdated version of the Intel lib in sw mode. The pixelisation problem with some (rare) BDs is well known and is caused by outdated versions of the intel lib.

I use libmfxsw32.dll v6.14.11.28 (28/11/2014) in sw mode with BD3D2MK3D without problem and as far as I know, it's the first version that has no pixelisation bug. Normally, that library should be either in your Windows path or in the current directory. Try to copy it in the same directory than your avisynth script, or in your system32 directory.

I don't have the intel hardware and therefore I don't know the problems related to the drivers, but I know that old drivers were also very buggy. Be sure to install the latest drivers. If they are correctly installed, they should work fine in hw mode, except perhaps with some models of the intel graphic chips.
Thanks, installing the latest Intel drivers (May of this year) did the trick! My setup works now, in hw mode. The quality is very good.

The remaining concerns:
1) FRIMSource does not work with platform="sw" ("Cannot initialize Intel Media SDK session"). Is this expected? libmfxsw32.dll version 6.14.11.28 is in Windows\system32
2) I am getting less than 3 fps (2.8 to be exact) at "-u 1". That looks very, very slow. Quoting from the thread on MVCenc: "Can expect 80 - 90 fps for high quality 3D MVC transcoding BD50 to BD25 on modern i7-4770K based system and no less of 60 fps on i7-3770K". I have i7-3770 (with lots of RAM and everything else). Could the FRIMSource be the bottleneck?

Last edited by tartak; 15th July 2015 at 18:09.
tartak is offline   Reply With Quote