View Single Post
Old 17th July 2017, 09:27   #889  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

OK, I have removed all instances of avisynth.dll, except of course the one in %WINDIR%\SysWOW64, and rebooted again. Then I've tested the new FRIMSource_dbg20170716.dll with AvsPMod. Still the same problem. The script crashes immediately, and there is no log file. But then I did another test with Simple x264 Launcher... and it worked! :-)
Tested again with AvsPMod, crash again. With x264 launcher, it worked again.

I have then tested the recent release version... and it worked correctly from AvsPMod and from Simple Launcher! Rebooted again, and new test with AvsPMod and the release version of FRIMSource: perfect.

I really don't understand why it crashes in some circumstances but not every times. And why your latest debug version seems less stable than the release version. And why the presence of some (possibly outdated) avisynth.dll files in obscure directories NOT in my %PATH% can (perhaps) make a difference, but I suppose that removing them completely was the key. Thanks for suggesting it!

If you want, I can post the content of the log here, but I don't think that it's interesting, since it is produced only when everything works as expected.

I consider the problem as solved (although I still don't understand how it has been solved) and I will include the new FRIMSource with the next release of BD3D2MK3D.

Huge thanks for your patience, and sorry for having bothered you with this problem. (It would have been much more interesting for you and us to work on the SEI messages and the 3D depth of the subtitles. Of course, I'm also interested in this. It's the main thing that prevents me to add the possibility to convert to AVC+MVC in BD3D2MK3D.)
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote