View Single Post
Old 10th March 2014, 09:19   #40  |  Link
gpower2
gMKVExtractGUI author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansing View Post
Another bug I found, the output directory field right now can take in whatever thing I dragged into it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
Agreed. I've only played around with gMKVExtractGUI and already I've changed the output location using the mkvtoolnix location field by mistake.
Hmm, you are right, I never bothered to check it properly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansing View Post
And I think the mkvtoolnix directory field shouldn't be in the main window gui, because it's not part of the common tasks with the program and we're setting it only once.
Well, I guess that's just a matter of opinion. I wanted to have all the options visible and accessible at one place, so that the user doesn't need to search for hidden options or menus.
I guess that may seem odd for more advanced users, but I believe from personal experience, that less experienced users prefer those kind of GUIs.

Quote:
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but a default output directory might be nice, rather than it changing for every opened file.
That's indeed a valid request! I will look into it!

Quote:
I've not played with gMKVExtractGUI for long and not read through this thread, but I'm curious, can gMKVExtractGUI do anything MKVCleaver can't? Not that the existence of MKVCleaver should stop the development of any new extraction programs, but especially given it can batch extract, it's set a fairly high standard in terms of usability.
I wrote this program to be as simple as possible in terms of use. I always found MKVCleaver GUI to be a little awkward and preferred to use MKVExtractGUI, but since it had its flows, gMKVExtractGUI was born.
gpower2 is offline   Reply With Quote