View Single Post
Old 9th October 2018, 16:12   #1639  |  Link
Zenitram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selur View Post
Small question latest version shows Width, Height, Stored_Width, Stored_Height, Sampled_Width, Sampled_Height, what is their relationship and how does it relate to the 'old' 'Original Width' and 'Original Height'?
"Original XXX" is for when there is a conflict between 2 info which should be same but are not (container vs stream).

For the others, they are completely different values. in short:
- "Stored XXX" is what is stored in the stream i.e. before cropping, usually different than XXX when you use non multiples of 16 (e.g. AVC can not compress 1080 lines, it compresses 1088 lines and crop 8 lines, so height is 1080 and stored height is 1088. Stored height is very important for hardware limits, because in that case the HW mus support 1088 lines even if only 1080 are shown). Some streams are a bit crazy, e.g. they are encoded with 1120 lines with cropping to 1080, and an HW limited to 1088 lines will fail to decode this "fake" 1080 line stream.
- "Sampled XXX" was a tentative for something from 1 customer, not relevant, discard it for the moment (I may remove it in the future, nobody would cry for this field IMO). Should be now more or less similar to "XXX" alone (was more useful when there was no "clean aperture" metadata).
- "Clean aperture XXX" is the clean aperture size i.e. what is expected to be good enough, just a piece of metadata from the container relevant to people who know what clean aperture is.