View Single Post
Old 12th February 2013, 14:00   #2227  |  Link
Garrog

Subsequent Tests

Today as I said above, I loaded the original file into AVStoDVD, set the trim points, returned to the main screen and previewed with no error.

Looking back, I think yesterday I may have been confused and imagined that the errors had shown on both the first and second edits. I still can't be certain but the evidence today suggests there probably wasn't any errors the first time and I probably performed the re-edit solely because I just wasn't happy with my own edit points. Assuming that's the case then apologies for any confusion caused!

Ok, on to today's findings:

So today I remembered that I had re-edited, so I went back and tried that. I did this both with (A) and without (B) resetting the script, shutting down the program in between to clear any session settings.

In case A I found that the error appeared very similar to the results yesterday, i.e. approx 50 second shift.

In case B it appeared that only the first trim point had shifted.

I'm sure you will want to perform your own tests to verify, and I suspect that you will be able to generate your own data more easily and reliably (!) but please let me know if I can be any further help.

Thanks for your help, and can I say I do find it a great program! (AviSynth player speed setting and audio fades would be nice tho...*cough* )
Garrog is offline   Reply With Quote