View Single Post
Old 25th September 2014, 01:22   #88  |  Link
Zachs
Suptitle, MediaPlayer.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
it looks like it is not nearest neighbour it is bilinear when i select nearest neighbour it aliased even more the rest doesn't have an effect even softcubic 100.

my short experience with high bit deep.
i used a nvidia 760 gtx for the test and no display capable of 10 bit most likely not even 8 bit.

MPDN works only in full screen on the main screen not the second the second is always windowed or at least 8 bit.

16 bit can't deal with display calibrations. it looks like it is unloaded but the black is totally destroyed it's brown or something like that. without loaded calibration it works fine. 8 bit and 10 doesn't care about the calibration.
I'll definitely look into the downscaling problem.

To get MPDN to use your second screen with FSE mode, you need to change Adapter ID from 0 to 1.

I think there's still a fair bit of work from the GPU vendors to get 16-bit support up to scratch. I don't think there are too many renderers using that at the moment (does madVR?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Viewer View Post
I don't know if non-optimus systems experience the locked to black screen crash behavior of an Optimus system which is why I mention it.

LAV splitter error when trying to launch videos in 64-bit player.
I don't have an Optimus equipped system to test with but I suspect it is specific to that setup only. On my various setups here with single, multiple and secondary NVIDIA cards in one system, there's no such problem. But thanks for pointing it out so others can watch out for such an issue in the D3D10.1 mode.

The LAV splitter error in 64-bit mode -- did you install x64 LAV Filters?
Zachs is offline   Reply With Quote