View Single Post
Old 29th March 2010, 21:55   #10  |  Link
OvejaNegra
ekTOMBE STUDIOS

Quote:
Not without reencoding it, you can't. Anything you do in an AviSynth script (like the IVTC to which you're referring) has to be reencoded for the wanted changes to take place
Yes, of course, i know i have to re-encode the video. Sorry if i dont explain myself correctly.

Quote:
Progressive 29.97fps content is almost always encoded as interlaced
Why not as progressive? It's for correct displaying on analog TV?

Quote:
Most software DVD players are lousy flag readers and shouldn't be used with difficult sources such as anime or TV shows on DVD. I believe the Nvidea player can perform an on-the-fly IVTC.
Note taken. I will take a look to the nvidia player. When you say on the fly ivtc, are you talking about detecting correctly the FILM content without using the flags on the stream right? So it will display conrrectly the hard-telecined content?

Quote:
Do you not understand what's at work here? You can't just reflag hard telecine. It has to be reencoded in order to properly flag it as progressive
I dont understand why you cant reflag hard telecine sections as normal FILM (soft telecine) without re-encoding <<< this was my original question.

Yes, i understand why now. Soft telecine streams have 23.976 fps and hard telecine streams have 29.976 fps.

Quote:
Maybe someone else can give you the answers you want. Good luck.
Please don't get angry. The laguage barrier is something i cant solve for now.

I think we both have a serious miss understanding of what im asking and what you think i'm asking.

I'm not so obsessed with trimension (it works well with the R1 DVDs with soft telecine or PAL DVDs).

If im going to mess with my anime DVDs to add subtitle / audio tracks, well why not reflag the hard telecine sections as soft telecine?

But know i know is not possible without re-encoding.

Yes you just answered my question.

Thank you again for your patience and sorry for being so newbie.

Have a nice day. (No sarcasm intended, i really wish you a good day).