View Single Post
Old 10th December 2014, 09:01   #710  |  Link
romulous

Ok, short story didn't work, so here is the long story. bLight tells me that he has a movie which XYSubFilter does not show the subtitles on, and asks me to chase it up (report it as a bug in XYSubFilter). I don't have the movie myself, and I know that just posting here that 'XYSubFilter does not work with movie xyz' would not achieve anything. So I ask for a sample, which he cuts off the main movie (that 50MB file I posted). When I try the sample on my system, it has a different issue than bLight - I'm fairly certain that is because of how the sample was generated. bLight's issue was that the subtitles do not show. The problem I see is that Zoom does not play the movie at all, and MPDN (the other player I tried) crashes instantly. That to me says there is a fairly severe issue with XYSubFilter with the clip (the problems resolve when I move the two external subtitle files from the same folder as the movie).

So, that leads to my post here. You post build 705 - which I initially think works (because Zoom now plays the file). I then ask bLight to try it on the full movie, as I think the sample is problematic. He responds that Zoom does not play the movie at all with build 705, and asks me how I got it to work. I check - and find out that Zoom was not using XYSubFilter, but xy-VSFilter (it was using madVR, I don't know why XYSubFilter was not loading). I tell bLight that I was wrong, it doesn't work - and that leads to my 'I was mistaken' post above. I have asked bLight to do what you suggest - I don't think there is any point in me doing it, as I am convinced the sample is faulty in a different way - and am still waiting for a reply. If he can get Zoom to actually use build 705, and then get it to actually show the subtitles - all on the full movie - that is all that really matters. If XYSubFilter crashes MPDN and causes Zoom to not work on the sample, that is not really relevant.

When I get a response from bLight (I have just asked a second time, a few minutes ago, as a reminder to him), I will get back to you.

romulous
romulous is offline   Reply With Quote