View Single Post
Old 31st May 2015, 18:16   #30644  |  Link
cvrkuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaq View Post
That should do best.

With my OLED the difference is day and night. With 10 bit banding is almost gone, more clarity in picture. But 10 bit takes a bit longer to switch to exclusive mode, thus if I thought I see no difference, I woudn't use it.
There were an opinions here that plazmas handle 10 bit their own way without any real benefits. Make sure you have set yours the right way. Personally I always set my TVs to PC mode for decent RGB 4:4:4 handling. That means a playback on 60Hz dispaly, but its ok for me, smooth enough. Check out your TV modes to find out the most suitable for madVR's technology and your visual perception.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSunrise View Post
Personally, I would always do a quick test with a good grey ramp test pattern, and if you really don't see differences, then 8bit should be fine, but it's very hard to tell differences with actual movie or video content if you don't have the right samples, so a test pattern will solve that for you pretty quickly.
Thanks for Your help!
Regards
cvrkuth is offline   Reply With Quote