View Single Post
Old 18th September 2018, 23:49   #985  |  Link
Nintendo Maniac 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcomsousa View Post
The new ffmpeg builds with a newer libaom-av1 improves performance a lot (like SmilingWolf said)
MPC-HC v1.8.2 also got released - could you perhaps confirm/deny whether its built-in LAVfilters also contain these performance improvements?

Thing is, I saw no performance gains when using 1.8.2 vs 1.8.1, so I need to confirm/deny whether my performance issue is persisting or whatnot.

I did however notice that, out of the three cores being utilized on my Xeon x3470, one of them is pretty much fully pegged and the other two are about half utilization - this would then equal the ~25% utilization I'm seeing.

Now normally I would let this all go as simply a case of "not having fast enough single-threaded performance" and be done with it, but the fact that you and others were seeing over 60% utilization on your own 4c/8t CPUs (which implies it was balancing the load across more than 4 threads) makes me thing something still isn't quite right here - I mean, weaker single-threaded performance shouldn't result in fewer threads being utilized, and if anything you'd want it to be the opposite, no?
Nintendo Maniac 64 is offline   Reply With Quote