View Single Post
Old 9th October 2011, 20:04   #10045  |  Link
Andy o

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
D3D11 works for playback for me as well, however its somewhat unusable because exiting FSE doesnt re-draw the desktop or the player properly.

I've had the queues dropping low problem as well with some settings, but the current setup is working just nice.
Regarding this earlier discussion, I've been testing out what works without the render and present queues dropping (present drops to zero and then glitches start) on H.264 720p 30p content (haven't tested much other so maybe happens with other formats as well) without having to use D3D11. The flush settings don't seem to do anything either way.

I had set it to present 10 frames in advance and that worked. 8 didn't work, and the render queue still dropped a bit, and the present queue slowly to zero again. At 10, present stays 7-9/9 for the most part. But then I just noticed that playing 24p content when switching to exclusive mode, the damn silent stream bug hits and I have to wait 1-2 seconds to hear sound again... Not so when presenting lower number of frames in advance, like the default 4.

So just to see what would happen, I decided to make it 2, and surprisingly the render queue stays solidly at 5-7/8, and present queue at 1-2/2 without dropping to zero at all. I then tried 3, and it also works, at 5-7/8 and 2-3/3 respectively. After that, so far so good.
Andy o is offline   Reply With Quote