Thread: Avisynth+
View Single Post
Old 3rd November 2016, 16:55   #2553  |  Link
jpsdr

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinterf View Post
The types inside min, max or std::clamp are not similar. All parameters have to be the same int, short or float (or pixel_t in templates).
The problem is that i haven't touched the code where minmax is used... So for now, i have absolutely no idea why there is suddenly this error.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinterf View Post
PS, I have cleaned up the resizers a bit (after you found unused avx path test code) and added a real avx2 path, I bet it is still not as fast as zimg, but at least it got cleaner. Just have commited, check my MT repo.
Argh....... After all that hard work... Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

zimg... If it works with direct full square ... (argh... don't remember the word now), it will be impossible to multi-thread by splitting.

And a more general question.
In image/video processing, the 1rst idea (at least, for me) which comes to mind when talking of multi-threading is splitting the picture, not multiply it.
So, my question is : Why when introducing multi-threading in avisynth, nobody seems to have thought at the 1rst obvious idea, internaly MT the core filters by splitting the picture,
instead of trying to run several GetFrame at the same time...?
Filters that are pure memory transfert (like doubleweave, or TurnL/R) may not benefit of MT (there is more chances of memory bandwith ... again don't remember the correct word ... issue,struggle), but the others may.
So... Why...?

Last edited by jpsdr; 3rd November 2016 at 17:08.