View Single Post
Old 24th September 2019, 14:59   #57463  |  Link
TechnoPeasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoPeasant View Post
Has the latest Windows 10 update screwed the levels for anyone? I haven't touched my madVR setup in ages, the only thing that's changed is Windows 10, and now my levels are screwed and everything looks washed out.
So I had originally thought this was from a Windows 10 update, but the more research I do, I think I've found an update to my TV somehow broke compatibility with MadVR HDR10 passthrough. I own a Vizio PQ65 and noticed many other people having similar issues with playback from external devices, such as apps on their Xbox One.

In any case, if anyone happens to have run into the same issue, I was able to work around this by using Windows 10 HDR instead of nVidia. I did this by changing my nVidia driver settings to 23Hz, YcBr 4:4:4, 12bit and turned on Windows 10 HDR. From everything I've read, this is far from ideal, but it works for now. Hopefully Vizio will fix things.

If anyone has suggestions as to what driver settings to use in conjunction with Windows 10 HDR, please let me know. It's possible I should be using RGB Full, like I was previously, but I wasn't sure. Thanks!
TechnoPeasant is offline   Reply With Quote