View Single Post
Old 14th July 2015, 06:38   #728  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tartak View Post
FRIMSource kind of works for me (no errors but AvsPmod and virtualdub show weird pictures swirling around or breaking down into blocks - even though either left or right part is sometimes good). But FRIMencode returns "ERROR: Cannot initiate Intel Media Encoder - invalid parameters. ERROR: invalid video parameters (-15), src\pipeline_encode.cpp (1068)". This is without -hs/sw specified. However, if I use -sw option, I get "ERROR: Cannot initialize Intel Media SDK session."
avs file: FRIMSource(codec="mvc", filename="in.264", filename_dep="in.mvc", layout="sbs", cache=20, num_frames=1500)
encode command: FRIMEncode -avi -sbs 2 -i test.avs -viewoutput -o::mvc out.avc out_d.mvc -vbr 28000 40000 -u 1

Could it some how relate to Intel drivers? My monitor is on an NVidia card but there is an Intel graphic chip on the motherboard (drivers are inactive).

PS.
FRIMSource also returns "ERROR: Cannot initialize Intel Media SDK session." if I use platform="sw"
The problem can be caused by bad intel drivers in hw mode, and by an incorrectly installed or outdated version of the Intel lib in sw mode. The pixelisation problem with some (rare) BDs is well known and is caused by outdated versions of the intel lib.

I use libmfxsw32.dll v6.14.11.28 (28/11/2014) in sw mode with BD3D2MK3D without problem and as far as I know, it's the first version that has no pixelisation bug. Normally, that library should be either in your Windows path or in the current directory. Try to copy it in the same directory than your avisynth script, or in your system32 directory.

I don't have the intel hardware and therefore I don't know the problems related to the drivers, but I know that old drivers were also very buggy. Be sure to install the latest drivers. If they are correctly installed, they should work fine in hw mode, except perhaps with some models of the intel graphic chips.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote