View Single Post
Old 26th September 2018, 11:27   #52752  |  Link
mclingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerb47 View Post
Hello madshi. Thanks for the quick reply. Glad to know you aware of this problem. I just want to add, that I doubt that my particular system is at fault. I've had this bug with AMD drivers 17.11.1 and now 18.8.1. Have all latest updates. I tried default madvr settings, as well as my custom settings. What I did yesterday is setting "when and how shall the GPU be flushed" all 4 settings to flush&wait(sleep). And I thought that helped, because the whole 2 times after about 10 minites of monitor sleep(but also cpu powerstates go down by ParkControl), the bug dissappeared.

But then I decided to leave the machine running for the night, with monitors in sleep, and bam in the morning that video won't play. So at this point I don't believe just changing madVR settings will help. I'll temporary revert this JRiver profile to EVR, but after madVR the picture is not sharp at all)
I think you are asking a bit too much of you system to resume playback after the PC has been to sleep, too many variables there, why would you leave the movie playing anyway, just set you player to remember its position in the movie and close it before you machine goes to sleep.