View Single Post
Old 17th October 2019, 06:05   #17  |  Link
markfilipak

Hi poisondeathray,

Thanks for contributing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
Why didn't you start with avisynth?

I think it's easier to use, more people use it, more guides and help . For what you want to do with DVD processing, it works well, very mature, and has been used for years. In some ways for DVD processing, it's better than vapoursynth as the avisynth TIVTC plugin has more functions for field matching and decimation modes than vapoursynth's VIVTC.
May I ask a very basic question: What do these programs (or DLLs) do?

Some background, first...
I've been somewhat frustrated when attempting to transcode particular i30 special features. From the looks of the results, I'd say that the sources from which the videos were made were a mix of p24 movie clips (pulled down to i30) and 30fps TV interviews (sequential fields). For the clips, I can detelecine to find Joy. For the interviews, I would leave alone but HandBrake only outputs progressive, so there's some judder. But if I detelecine the whole thing, the interview judder is really bad.

I assume avisynth & vapoursynth would empower me to apply differing filters based on, for example, frame # ranges. Right? Well, if I knew more than I do, I could do that with ffmpeg, so why would I need avisynth or vapoursynth?

Thanks for your reply. I'm looking forward to reading it.
markfilipak is offline   Reply With Quote