View Single Post
Old 25th March 2010, 10:35   #7  |  Link
manono

Quote:
Originally Posted by OvejaNegra View Post
MY question is what can i use for re-mux the new encoded video track on the dvd in place of the original video track:
VobBlanker + Muxman
As I said last time:
Quote:
Originally Posted by manono View Post
Anyway, reencode the movie or episodes or whatever it is, author with Muxman, and then put it back into the original DVD, getting back the menus and anything else you're keeping. using the 'Replace' button of VobBlanker.
So, take the reencoded video, your audio, the chapter list from the Celltimes.txt, the subs, if any, and load them all into Muxman for authoring. When done you'll have a DVD of the movie alone. Stick it back into the original DVD by opening the original DVD in VobBlanker and using the 'Replace' button to add in your new DVD.
Quote:
Using the tools you mention can i re-encode a PCM / DTS audio track as dolby or mp2 and use it in place of the original track?
Yes, you can use different audio. The audio reencoding should be done separately. Muxman only authors. VobBlanker will ask you if you really want to use a different audio and if the IFOs should be changed (answer 'yes').
Quote:
I like trimension (faking it with avisynth does not look the same for me)
I have no idea what trimension is, but AviSynth doesn't 'fake' anything.
Quote:
Can i detect the Film / interlaced sections with a tool (like TIVTC in avisinth maybe) and "copy" the flags to the video stream without re-encoding? (so i can have the video stream flagged as film on the film sections)
The only way to reflag certain sections of which I'm aware is to split up the video, reflag those sections you want, and then rejoin the pieces in Muxman. If you're saying it's incorrectly flagged in places, I'd need a sample showing the incorrect flagging before I'd be prepared to believe that. I'm not saying incorrect flagging doesn't occur, but only that it's fairly rare and given your displayed level of knowledge so far, your saying it doesn't make it so. No offense intended, but I suspect you're confusing hard telecine (the telecine encoded into the video) with soft telecine (progressive 23.976fps film with 3:2 pulldown applied). And reflagging something like that as progressive will give you a complete mess - something that will give most DVD players fits..
manono is offline   Reply With Quote