View Single Post
Old 27th November 2018, 17:25   #32  |  Link
hello_hello

stormy1777,
The idea of GradFun3 is to fix or prevent banding. If there's no banding in your source, then not seeing any difference is the ideal scenario.

Based on my single frame test, flash3kyuu_deband looks pretty good. I hadn't used it before. I tested with the default settings.

These screenshots are the output from the Avisynth script though, so I still have some "how does it look after it's encoded" testing to do, as well as some "how does it look after noise filtering" testing.
It's not too often I'd need to fix banding like this. For me, the idea is usually to prevent it when encoding, and GradFun3 has generally been doing the job. Still there have been times when I've struggled with it a bit, so I will be trying out flash3kyuu_deband. I tested with flash3kyuu_deband 1.5.1 as the links in the opening post of the doom9 thread weren't working.

I found sneaker_ger's link later though. There's newer versions there. https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...14#post1841014

I struggle to see the banding below on my PC monitor (I'm still using a CRT) but running full screen on my TV it's hard to miss.

Original

GradFun3()

f3kdb()

To get to the full size version after clicking on the thumbnail you need to right click on the image and select "view image". Either that or download it.

Last edited by hello_hello; 28th November 2018 at 09:29.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote