View Single Post
Old 14th May 2008, 06:42   #4811  |  Link
gregt

Madshi,
I know Nero 8 has been discussed here previously, but I was wondering why eac3to is not able to use it's codecs. I am able to use them in GraphEdit to render most hidef files (like vc1, h264 - some times I have to change the extension to mpeg2). I just use 'File Source (Async)' -> 'Nero Video Decoder HD' -> 'Video Renderer'. The filter is located at 'Nero\DSFilter\NeVideoHD.ax". So why can't eac3to utilize Nero 8 filter's?

Also, this may not be of interest to anyone, but a feature that I would like is an option to convert to wmv utilizing the Windows Media Video 9 Avanced Profile instead of mkv. I can find no use for mkv, whereas, wmv allows me to use Zune or WMP11 to play hi-def movies over my 802.11n wireless network with no degradation from my computer to my Xbox 360s. Right now converting mkv to wmv using Windows Media Encoder takes 12-16 hours for a single hi-def movie. I found another tool that can do it in 3-4 hours, but it costs $40 plus it is an additional step plus they will not allow me to move my license to another computer without paying for it again (). The WM SDK is free so it is just the time for coding it into eac3to. Any thoughts on this?

Finally, the new changes for vob seem to be working well, but I am having a lot of issues with gaps and the audio being out of sync on various movies and TV shows. I have tried with and without gaps for the following DVD movies to no avail:
Blade Runner, Escape from New York, RoboCop, Terminator and also TV show Stargate SG1 Season 6.
Oddly, I had no problems with Stargate SG1 Season 5,8,9 (DVD structure looks the same as season 6) where gaps were detected and I reran eac3to to add them in. Just as a note Nero Recode was able to read and recode Season 6 with no problem, but it is 15x slower than eac3to.

Thanks for all your work on a great and useful tool!