View Single Post
Old 22nd August 2010, 07:28   #3392  |  Link
qyot27
...?

Well, at least in my own case, those two builds were mainly for esoteric features/purposes, and my ability to churn them out with regularity was already a problem because of how old my comp is. The tide of progress on all the parts inside them would have made it a moot point in relatively short order anyhow. It already somewhat did to the r1688 build with Lagarith and Ordered Chapters. The Quicktime stuff is a regular part of the L-SMASH patch now, it's just a matter of whether one chooses to supplement said patch with AAC encoding or not by downloading the SDK from Apple.

It would be far more convenient for me to document what I did to get there, because this flare-up still points out that source code is apparently different from binaries; I'm comfortable with being told what to do with source code, or to rely on existing pipelines to get a hold of things, I've just re-evaluated whether I myself want to or have the time/ability to be part of said pipelines. Binaries may be more convenient for an average user without knowledge of compiling software, but the methodology to get different results is more valuable to those that feel confident with compiling it themselves - not to mention most of them would get through the process faster than I could simply due to better underlying hardware. Waiting 1h45m-2h or so just for a complete cycle of ffmpeg->ffms2->x264->ffmpeg is getting to be too much for me anyhow. That should seriously take me a half hour (or less!), not 3-4x that. Discounting, of course, any extra time racked up due to stuff causing builds to fail mid-way through and start the process over again trying to troubleshoot it.
qyot27 is offline   Reply With Quote