View Single Post
Old 27th September 2015, 20:28   #4806  |  Link
hello_hello

Seems the change to not delete the portable files when updating QAAC isn't working as expected. MeGUI is isn't deleting them, but it's changing their file extensions to "backup".

Feature request:

Could we have an option for MeGUI not to delete old files, such as old log files? The latter certainly took me by surprise after the last update. It also annoyed me a bit. I sometimes search through old log files to help me remember what filtering I might have used for a particular encode, or what the source file was etc, and up until a few minutes ago I could use the Windows search function to quickly search through three or fours years worth of log files. Now it only goes back a few months.....
"Fortunately" my second PC had a hard drive failure a few days ago, so I copied the MeGUI folder from this PC to the other one and I now know to at least backup those log files before updating MeGUI there.
And those old files in the update_cache folder marked as obsolete..... I backed that folder up as soon as a saw it happen, but what should I expect there? I assume at some stage MeGUI will delete them all without asking?

Thanks.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote