View Single Post
Old 1st October 2018, 05:59   #1015  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
So the only question is which problem is worse: The one reported by Telion? Or the one we may get if we allow the global movable state to switch back and forth, affecting *all* rendered subtitle lines immediately?
I'd say just allow the global movable state to switch back and forth, until we come up with a better solution. IMHO, the toggle box was added to allow movement to black bars for true simple ASS/SSA subtitles (like those converted from SRT for styling purposes) which don't contain complex typesetting. For people who use the same functionality already for SRT and know their ASS/SSA scripts are generally simple, it should be good enough for now.

The setting is disabled by default specifically, since we don't expect it to handle extremely complex SSA/ASS scripts flawlessly. I'm sure someone could create a script intentionally to cause movable/non-movable to be toggled so frequently that is causes severe readability issues, in which case the feature should just be disabled by the user. Until the behavior is enhanced, we are not expecting it to handle such a situation perfectly.

[Edit: Actually, after thinking about this, maybe you could add a feature which limits the frequency that changes from IsMovable=False to IsMovable=True are processed (i.e. ignore Provider IsMovable=True for X seconds after IsMovable=False occurs, user defined?), while always processing IsMovable=True to IsMovable=False instantly. Though I'm unsure if that would be worth the development effort to add, since it would only be a workaround for a problem which likely won't occur often.]

Last edited by cyberbeing; 1st October 2018 at 08:07.
cyberbeing is offline   Reply With Quote