View Single Post
Old 14th February 2018, 00:42   #27027  |  Link
gonca

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I just wanted to give everyone an update on the UHD capability. I have BD-RB working. It can import 2160p MKVs etc. It can do full backups and movie-only backups of non-protected UHD-BD sources. But... I am having a lot of trouble with audio/video sync after TSMUXER muxes them. I can't blame TSMUXER, however, because MKVMERGE has the same issue after muxing. It may be some inconsistency in the HEVC stream generated by X265, or possibly FFMPEG (used for frame serving) could be losing frames... I really don't know. I don't think it is the audio, as it doesn't necessarily get reencoded, and it is handled no differently than with previous BD-RB versions.

I haven't figured out why this is happening yet, but if and when I do I'll release a test version here on Doom9. The biggest problem is that it takes anywhere between 10 and 18 hours for my system to do a full movie (even at the fastest encode speed and using one-pass ABR)... so you can only do so much in a day.

I think I'll do a couple encodes using AVISYNTH just to eliminate the FFMPEG possibility -- but even if it works correctly that's not a long term solution as it would also be losing the HDR and 10 bit attributes during encode.
Vapoursynth allows retention of HDR10 metadata
This app allows for the addition of HDR10 metadata to the hevc stream
https://github.com/SK-Hardwired/nv_hevc_hdr_patcher

@Lathe
Weak, very weak
About your limit I guess
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote