View Single Post
Old 21st January 2010, 00:23   #9  |  Link
jruggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by shon3i View Post
I agree, but I think that the whole thing was not much hard to implement, is not much different from TrueHD for example roughly speaking .
Well, for one thing I don't think I know exactly what you're looking for. If you just want a copy of the core AC-3 part, I guess that would be a job for a demuxer like eac3to. Getting just the E-AC-3 part would be pretty much useless because, at least in the case of the sample you sent, it is a dependent stream which requires the core. If you want to do conversion/decoding/playback using both the core and dependent stream, then that's more complicated and requires changes to the decoder.

The dependent stream (the E-AC-3 part) can either replace the core channels, add to them, or do both. For example, the core could be a 5.1 downmix of a 7.1 stream, then the dependent stream could contain replacements for the 2 core surround channels, plus the extra 2 rear channels. The decoder would have to sort all this out.

Quote:
Aslo will be nice if we get one freeware DDPlus encoder with blu-ray capabilities. For me will be totaly replacment for Lossy encoding tracks, TrueHD will be awesome
E-AC-3 encoding is on my TODO list. So I'll do it eventually, unless somebody else does it first.
jruggle is offline   Reply With Quote