Thread: MVTools-pfmod
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2016, 23:46   #10  |  Link
bcn_246

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinterf View Post
After Fizick updated mvtools to 2.5.11.22 and fixed some issues (e.g. green artifacts in MFlowInter), I made a new merge with 2.6.0.5 that still works in both 32 and 64 bit.

Download mvtools2 2.7.0.22 for 32 and 64 bit (20160429)

After it survived a full night QTGMC("Slow") 100-thread stress test under Avisynth+ 64bit (r1849), I decided to publish it.
Please give it a try.

----
I'd like to announce my first published plugin mod.

mvtools-pfmod 2.7.0.1

- based on mvtools 2.6.0.5
- Sorry, no new colorspaces, just v2.6 API
- access violation fixes
- Intel C++ 16 build with Visual Studio 2015
- 32 and 64 bit versions
- works like a charm with latest AVS+ r1828-MT (though I didn't have problems with 2.6.0.5)

Background (chain reaction):
- Once I tried to use DepanStabilize on vapoursynth. The reason was that vapoursynth offers 16 bit color depth natively, and I have modified DepanStabilize for using stacked input.
- One day I changed my vapoursynth to 64bit only.
- I realized that DepanStabilize is 32bit only, so I compiled it to 64 bit.
- But VapourSynth did not allow to use old 2.5 AVS API for x64. So I modified DepanStabilize for v2.6 API.
- At that time I had no confidence porting DepanEstimate to x64 (input for DepanStabilize), tried to use MDepan from the native vapoursynth mvtools. But this function was not ported yet.
- Had to go back to use the 64 bit 2.6.0.5 mvtools on VapourSynth, but it was v2.5 API => ported it
- mvtools MDepan did not work, I had freezes. Learned debugging dlls in visual studio. Caught a famous 0xc0000005 in it and happily fixed it. And myrsloik was kind enough to integrate a hack into vs's avscompat module just because of 64-bit avs mdepan.
- Meanwhile my DepanStabilize-mod got YV24 support, and with stacked high bit depth logic, and I was able to stabilize my 10 bit Prores 444 test files! I reached my goal: my 8mm film restoration project is not starting anymore with dropping to 8bit YV12 right in the very first step.
- The mvtools project stalled - I was busy with fixing avs+ mt slowdown - until recently stax76 had problems under Win10 and the existing x64 mvtools2. After some busy nights another access violation was fixed in the x64 part.
- Thus I had a working mvtools2 version, and didn't want to keep it in secret.
- Finally along with my avs+ branch I had to learn how to create git repos, branch, push, as all these git things are new to me.

So please use this mod with fun.
Thanks, can also confirm this works with the Dither package.
bcn_246 is offline   Reply With Quote