View Single Post
Old 26th September 2020, 07:56   #10  |  Link
Ghitulescu

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion44 View Post
Is there a way to create VobSub subtitles with MaestroSBT?
Essentially, one can convert one subtitle format into another. Via a long working path, with lot of dangers lurking from each software (the danger to repeat all this in case of an error in one piece of the chain), one can output good quality SUB (DVD) then re-rip them into IDX/SUB (VobSub). I think these have some reasons to exist only on computers, and by now all player can use SRT directly. I would not undergo this burden.

Have you tried the software I hinted you at? Yes, the name is misleading, for its main purpose was indeed to subtitle AVIs, yet it can output IDX/SUB directly. It observes the bold, italic (it also does not crop the margins of italics - not sure if you saw this, the rightmost long letter, like l, I, t, T or ! gets clipped for falling outside the base line - I circumvent this error on other software by placing a blank space after italics ), the subtitles are rendered and flagged correctly. It can even slightly decrease the font size if the line is too long (but also can nastily cut the line into 2, if way too long, be careful) In one go you have them.