View Single Post
Old 9th April 2010, 04:37   #10  |  Link
Robert Martens

Ah, yes, I suppose I can go a little overboard with my writing, sorry.

To try and summarize what I described in the first post, the simplest explanation would be that this script takes an interlaced DV video clip as input, and turns it into one of several HD, or just widescreen DV, output formats (a full table of possible values for the 'size' parameter is available in the downloadable version of the script, linked right up at the top of the thread).

Since there are more funny little details involved in doing this correctly than one might think, the script is meant to take most of the math and decision making out of the user's hands, letting you focus on just getting results. There's plenty to tweak, if you eventually decide to, but the defaults should work quite well for most people.

What does it actually do? Strictly speaking, not much of anything. TempGaussMC handles the deinterlacing, and Avisynth's internal resizers do the upscaling. My script is only supposed to be a less stressful way to put the pieces together. There's a staggering array of possible processing combinations, and my intent was to ease the pain of figuring it all out.

If you want a step by step walkthrough of the script's logic, I suppose I could whip something up, but I don't want to overwhelm you with details. There's not much ground between this explanation and a multi page essay on all the nooks and crannies of how this thing works.
Robert Martens is offline   Reply With Quote