View Single Post
Old 25th November 2007, 21:07   #17  |  Link
blizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoRd_MuldeR View Post
VirtualDubMod was not mentioned in the FAQ at all!
Also note that in Avidemux you can find the Audio Streams at Audio -> Main Track.

MKV support still is a "new" feature under development. If you find a file that does not work yet, please post your problem at the Avidemux forum. And if you do so, don't forget to provide a sample file that shows the problem! I'm sure Mean will look at your problem ASAP... Also note that VirtaulDubMod is a "dead" (discontinued) project and it's implementation of MKV is out-of-date!
Well, as the message says: If your video contains b-frames, you need to use the so-called "special" mode. In that mode you will loose frame accuracy, yes. But there is no OpenSource video editor available yet, which is able to handle b-frames in a frame-accurate way! VirtualDub definitely does not do it. I heard some commercial editors actually do that, but I can't confirm. Also Mean said that "proper" b-frame support is a planned feature for the next major version of Avidemux...

// EDIT

Information from official Matroska site:
I will add to Lord Mulders comment that you will be in a more stable user environment (GUI) with GTK+ then with QT4. That photo in your post show a QT interface.

There are some options that aren't accessible from QT interface like iPOD profile in Auto (Auto>iPOD), so it is better to make sure that problem in QT is also there in GTK+ before you make any bug report as GTK+ are the recommended GUI for AVIdemux for now. QT might look good, but is still in heavy development and there are difference in how GTK+ and QT work as different set of libraries for cross platform development. That is what I understand from googling around on both GTK+ and QT.

Quote:
Why there are different versions of Avidemux?
There are currently three different user interfaces available for Avidemux. Each one has it's own executable file: The GTK+ based interface (avidemux2_gtk.exe) is the first graphical user interface that was developed for Avidemux and it still is the primary (recommended) one; the QT4 based interface (avidemux2_qt4.exe) is still under development and it's not completely working yet; and the CLI version of Avidemux (avidemux2_cli.exe) runs without any graphical user interface, because it's intended for batch processing.

Quote from first post about AVIdemux. I marked that part to make clear that statement about recommended GUI.
blizard is offline   Reply With Quote