View Single Post
Old 11th January 2009, 15:31   #21  |  Link
Sophocles

Quote:
No disrespect, but I could care less what the article says. I know what I hear in my home theater and yes I hear a difference.
No disrespect taken. I realize that there will be some who insist on keeping HD audio tracks, and I am certain that feature jdobbs intends to add it at one point or another.

Audio quality debates have been going on for decades. Remember when people insisted that good old vinyl was better than CD audio? In the early days of CD they were probably right, and that debate is still in progress. The problem with making comparisons is the quality of equipment, the ability to A/B test, and soundtracks that often involves completely different mixes of the same audio content. I posted the article because I've worked with audio most of my life, and I understood the point being made in the article clearly since I've been in the position to perform similar tests. I do however support your choice, because it is a matter of preference. The point of posting the article was to insure early BD RB adopters that a 640kbs soundtrack is pretty darned good if mixed right.