View Single Post
Old 5th July 2020, 04:30   #1  |  Link
NerdWithNoLife

Streamlined process advice, dgindex/chapters/subs

Sorry if this sounds newb, but I'm wondering if anyone has a (modern) process recommendation to streamline DVD > mkv, preserving chapters/subs/alternate audio tracks of selected language. Heaven knows there are plenty of guides but let's face it: any DVD related info is probably 15 years old.

I'm very comfortable decrypting, demuxing, getting a template script into AviSynth, inverse telecining. And I've learned the hard way there is just no substitute for DGIndex to get frame accurate video out of an MPEG stream.

I was trying to do the lazy thing and rip MKVs of the english tracks (audio/subs/chapters), replacing the video with H.264. 95+% of the time that's great, and I have drag and drop scripts to get the AVS into ffmpeg and process away.

But this laziness sometimes results in video with the field order changing randomly throughout the stream, or audio sync problems.

I have a ton of DVDs on my backup list, so an efficient work flow counts. If anyone could PLEASE recommend a process to still use DGIndex, while preserving chapters audio tracks and subtitles, AND muxing it into one container, without being super laborious: I'd really really be grateful. (Even a link to a guide I may have missed would be fantastic.)

This forum's awesome, so much has been shared and learned. Thanks for you help.