View Single Post
Old 14th January 2021, 19:32   #30318  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Same for me. If you're using a KVM (or at least one like mine) you have to use an HDMI-->VGA adapter.
Yep, it is an 8-port VGA KVM, with USB or old keyboard/mouse cables. I don't use all of the ports anymore, as some systems have been retired.
Quote:
One warning... on my system I had to initially configure the card with it connected directly via HDMI (before using the adapter). Another issue is that I don't get video to my monitor (via the adapter) until Windows is booted (so if I want to go the the BIOS screen, for example, I have to connect the card directly to the monitor via HDMI).
Thanks for the warnings. I would have been bitching at the card for not working. Sounds like you have to get up and running and then go and configure the output for a different port. At least on my current cards, even though there might be an HDMI port, the VGA output is the default.

Why doesn't it work with the HDMI->VGA adapter from the get-go? If the HDMI output is the default, you'd think that it would work right away.
MrVideo is online now   Reply With Quote