Thread: Avisynth+
View Single Post
Old 18th March 2019, 14:31   #4593  |  Link
manolito

ColorMatrix and alternatives under AVS+ MT

After many more tests using my Thinkpad Core i5 3rd generation (2 physical cores plus Hyperthreading) I think I know quite well what's going on here:

The good old tritical Colormatrix works well without crashes using the modifications suggested by almosely:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...79#post1865279

Colormatrix followed by RequestLinear, both in MT_SERIALIZED mode. I could not detect any artifacts of the kind described by PDR.

z_ConvertFormat uses MT_MULTI_INSTANCE through the SetMTMode.avsi (this is also the AVS+ default, no need to explicitly specify it). This might work for the z_Resizers, but if the matrix parameters are used, the script will crash. It needs MT_SERIALIZED for the matrix params.

For the HDRMatrix plugin the SetMTMode.avsi calls for MT_NICE_FILTER. This causes a crash immediately after starting the conversion. Specifying MT_MULTI_INSTANCE runs stable, but at a very low speed.

For me the old ColorMatrix plugin is the best so far. It is faster than the competition, and I did not detect any quality issues so far.

(I did not test DitherTools as suggested by Groucho. Way too complicated for me...)

Cheers
manolito

Last edited by manolito; 18th March 2019 at 14:38.