View Single Post
Old 6th December 2015, 13:42   #7  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Quote:
I noticed that it used to be advised not to use DirectShowSource. Is this still the case?
DirectshowSource() is not guaranteed frame accurate (something that would be quite important for eg SRestore) and is usually the very last thing you would want to use.
Two popular source filters are FFMPegSource and L-SMASH Source, I'm a bit awkward and prefer to convert almost everything with exception
of DVD MPEG2 to AVI (a lot less bother than other methods, I find).

Batch file to do as I do
Code:
setlocal

REM Where to Find ffmpeg
set FFMPEG="C:\BIN\ffmpeg.exe"

REM Where to get input file, No terminating Backslash, "." = current directory (ie same as dir .bat file)
set INDIR="."

REM Where to place output file, No terminating Backslash. "." would be same as .bat file
set OUTDIR="D:

FOR %%A IN (*.264 *.vob *.wmv *.mpg *.m2v *.avi *.flv *.mov *.mp4 *.m4v *.RAM *.RM *.mkv *.TS *.y4m *.yuv *.webm) DO (
  %FFMPEG% -i "%INDIR%\%%A" -vcodec utvideo -acodec pcm_s16le "%OUTDIR%\%%~nxA.AVI"

)

Pause
Requires ffmpeg (one from MeGUI should suffice) and as provided expects UT_Video codec.
Converts anything with extensions specified in the 'FOR %%' line to AVI in OUTDIR as UT_Video video and PCM audio.

EDIT: current version ffmpeg supplied with MeGUI seems to have been greatly improved so far as corrupt video tolerance is concerned.
EDIT: MeGUI development version.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 7th December 2015 at 12:59.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote