View Single Post
Old 8th July 2015, 23:50   #31610  |  Link
Anime Viewer
Troubleshooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
* added SuperRes "use alternative color space" option
* replaced SuperRes "HQ downscaling" option with new "algo" multi option[/COLOR]

All SuperRes users, please play with this new build. There are 2 new options: "algo" and "use alternative color space". I've intentionally named them in such a way that you can't know which does which exactly. I would like to hear your feedback about which settings you like.

This time the upscaling factor is less important (higher factor might make differences more obvious, though). Also this time don't try to find optimal passes/sharpness values. Instead it might make sense to dial passes/sharpness up as much as your GPU can handle, so you can better judge the differences between the various new options. Higher passes/strength values will make the differences more obvious.
I've tested a few sources, and notice a difference when switching between the different algorithms. However so far its been difficult to determine which of the looks I prefer. I think testing other sources will be necessary before I come up with a preference. Based on what I can see it almost looks like switching between algo settings was changing between Super-xBR, NEDI, NNEDI3, and something else. I almost missed that there was a algo "0" option, as I expected the options to be numbered from 1 upwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leandronb View Post
Hi guys. today i started watching a movie and noticed that was not smooth, i saw the stats on madvr and was showing a lot of dropped frames. tried another file and playback was smooth, so i thought it was file specifc.
i noticed that when in windowed mode playback is smooth even in 60hz mode, but when i maximize window it have the same problem than in fullscreen exclusive.
there is some pictures for explanation.
i noticed that rendering time increased drastically when in fullscreen or maximized window but only for this file. i fixed the problem by disabling double luma resolution, i was using always and nnedi3 64 neurons, but i always used this option and no problem happened before. also all my used settings i think is in the screenshots, i am using madvr v0.88.8, nvidia gtx660ti, i5 3570k, 8gb ddr3.

another question i have is an older one in fact. when i started tweaking a little more with madvr settings read that nnedi3 improves even more the image quality. i noticed that when using this option the image gets a little glitchy with some random dots appearing, i noticed that this was discussed here. what i did to fix was using the mpc x64 with madvr, i don't know if i did it right but the glitches are gone. but my question is, in current versions there is still this problem? do you guys think that nnedi3 worth the performance hit from 4ms to 16ms rendering time?
You mentioned you have problems when running in Full Screen, but all of your screen shots are in smaller than full screen windows. Take some screen captures while in Full Screen Windowed mode with CTRL+J active, and that may be more helpful in pinpointing your issue.

Your second picture the render times are higher than your movie frame interval times. Whatever settings you were using there were too taxing for your system, and that is why it had a lack of smoothness and dropped frames on that one.

16ms is still a fairly low render reading, so you could run in that setting if you choose. I'm not a fan of NNEDI3 since it leads to the fan kicking up to high. If high GPU load and having the fan running full bore aren't a problem for you then you could use the setting if you feel its giving you any better image quality. I'm not a fan of running in that sate, and feel I can get good image quality with things like Super-BR and SuperRes instead of wasting resources on NNEDI3. Often there are trade offs that come with enabling or disabling certain features, and which fits your eye may be different from what fits some of the other peoples eyes. With one setting you may have to weigh image sharpness vs image smoothness, and in another color vibrancy vs light ringing effect. Ultimately you'll have to decide what looks better to you.