View Single Post
Old 16th October 2015, 11:53   #14  |  Link
NyaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp00kyFox View Post
every uploaded clip will be reencoded period. so don't bother with that
This is true, every clip gets re-encoded. However, when rendered with h264 rather than AVC the clip gets processed by YouTube very quickly. A 2 minute video will be finished encoding and available in 1080p in 2 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manono View Post
Why use Sony Vegas at all?
I tend to do videos, frag films mostly, that have heavy editing and match frags up with music. Or stuff with commentary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manono View Post
And I'm naturally suspicious of anything claiming to be the best.
Well, so am I... When I started using Sony Vegas after Blender my video quality went way down and my colors were messed up. I watched a bunch of "best" videos and they were all absolute BS. So I did a lot of research and I came up with my own solution, then after a year of back and forth with people I finalized that solution into what you see here. And if there is a way to improve this even further I am absolutely eager to hear it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warperus View Post
I think it's more like 10 years.
* uses questionable capture technique (RGB lossless with 1700 Mbps - performance and intermediate file size are far from ideal for regular gamer)
I actually use lossy h264 AMD APP hardware accelerated encoding with Action! and Bandicam for my gameplay captures. However there are visible artifacts in those recording without any re-encoding. For testing purposes only I used RGB lossless, so that I could see specifically the difference in encoding techniques. That is the only time I used RGB lossless.

Quote:
* mentions no compatibility issues for different vegas and debugmode frame server
I do not know of any compatibility issues. Care to enlighten?

Quote:
* mentions no video levels issue
I don't understand what you mean. Are you talking about the video colors? I've found that the colors with this method are much more true than any other I've tried.

Quote:
I don't buy --scenecut 0 and --direct none)
As I understand --scenecut 0 is required if I want the renderer to respect a custom keyint value, otherwise it will change it if a scene change dictates so. As I want the video to match YouTube's stuff I do not want scene changes dictating things. Learned in this thread: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=167216

--direct none disables b-frame prediction, it is set in MeGUI under MV Prediction Mod under Analysis tab.

Quote:
* uses "render loop region only", but doesn't mention it (and doesn't explain loop region thing)
This is a tutorial for render settings, not a tutorial for Sony Vegas basics, so I must stay on point to keep it concise rather than explaining what every function does.

Quote:
* uses 32-bit project with video levels (it's slower than 8-bit)
My previous settings, 1 year ago, used 8bit and had some messed up video colors. By switching to 32bit video levels that was fixed. The output file, after megui process, is 8bit but with colors that look like the original video.

Quote:
Also mediainfo in this youtube explanation has different gop settings (N=72 doesn't correspond to --keyint 30).
Ah, damn . Do you know a way I can force the keyint to be 30? That is why I set scenecut and direct none. I really would like to know how to make it do what I want, then I could put out a quick update to fix it.

Thank you for your replies. I hope I have addressed your concerns regarding this method. Perhaps --scenecut and --direct none are unnecessary as the video output is not respecting the bframes I have set anyway Can anyone suggest an alternate solution to force the output to respect the bframes set? Thank you once again.

Last edited by NyaR; 16th October 2015 at 11:56.
NyaR is offline   Reply With Quote