View Single Post
Old 2nd July 2020, 02:22   #29573  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike-uk View Post
how do you view if repeat headers worked ?? i tried another encoder that uses nvencc and added --repeat-headers and it started off allocating 1,2 gig of memory and stayed around there but no idea if headers are repeated
It's not easy without the right tools. I have an HEVC browser.

If you're good with a hex editor, you can find the delimiters between headers, slices etc by searching for the start code delimiter (00 00 00 01) -- it is prohibited from appearing anywhere else in the elementary stream. But even if you find the delimiters you'll need to reference the H265 standard (T-REC-H.265-201802-I) to find the format of all the segments that might follow a delimeter (see page 68). The standard is available for free download as a PDF.

The best way to see if the headers are there is to use TSMUXER to create a UHD-BD structure and play it back on a UHD compatible BD player. If FF/REW works... it's probably safe to assume the headers are repeated.

Just out of curiosity... what is the other encoder? It would likely be random luck if it would use the same command line parameter. I think NVENCC uses it because I suggested it (so it would match the parameter in X265).

Last edited by jdobbs; 2nd July 2020 at 02:30.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote