View Single Post
Old 22nd September 2007, 02:29   #52  |  Link
tritical

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanB
Which field is kept odd or even?
If field is set to -1 then nnedi calls child->GetParity(0) during initilization. If it returns true then field is set to 1. If it returns false then field is set to 0. If field is set to -2 then the same thing happens, but instead of setting field to 1 or 0 it sets field to 3 or 2.

Quote:
Wouldn't it have been simpler to fold double height mode into extra settings for field? And maybe name field as mode?
dh could have been rolled into 4 extra values for field, but I went with adding dh instead. field could be renamed mode... I named it field because eedi2 has the same parameter with the same values.

Quote:
What state are the unprocessed planes left? Copied, zerod, trashed, ...?
Unprocessed planes are left trashed.

Quote:
Also are you going to discuss the nitty gritty of the algorithm or are you constrained because you are doing your thesis?
I'm not going to discuss the full details just yet. I have talked to my advisor about using it for my thesis, and he said that it would be ok. So I will probably use it for that.

I'll try and update the readme tommorrow sometime... thanks for pointing out areas lacking complete descriptions.

Also, if anyone is willing to donate cpu time again, network training for version 2 has started. Same irc channel as before (#editrain on irc.freenode.net)... files are in same directory on my website as before. Based on previous experience, I would say an x2 or core 2 duo is probably the minimum processor to complete the optimization runs in a reasonable amount of time. I'm also looking into offloading some processing onto the gpu, which should speed things up a good bit.

Last edited by tritical; 22nd September 2007 at 02:31.
tritical is offline   Reply With Quote