View Single Post
Old 11th November 2019, 15:06   #4  |  Link
supersolo

Hi, thanks so much for replying.

Sorry for the delayed reply, my laptop went down and it's taken a while to get back here.

Being new, I don't want to break any posting rules, but the film is Bridget Jones, "edge of reason".
I've been asked to back it up to the hard drive we have hooked up to the TV.

The first VOB would show a play time of 1min 26sec, which immediately triggered my suspicions.
Then, I believe at the point where I think VOBU1 hands over to VOBU2, the sound stops (I discovered this once I had demuxed VOB1).

I am genuinely curious about the structure and how to recognise "faults".

I use DVDDecrypter for ripping, sometimes with RipIt4Me.
Then I used VOBEdit 0.6 to demux the first VOB file
Once I had the five VOBUs I ran IFOEdit to create .ifo files for the 5 VOBUs.
Then I looked at the .ifo files and noticed some numbers didn't seem to match at the end and beginning of subsequent VOBUs.

As before, I'm not experienced, but after researching here, I have tried to find my way through what I'm looking at.

I feel I just "stumbled" into correcting that issue, but I've such little knowledge and experience I don't feel I now what I've done and probably couldn't do it again.

This is why I thought I'd reach out and ask for help, for which I'd be grateful to receive.

I can try to post images of .ifo, etc, if required.

Just to recap, I am interested in how to break down a VOB and learn about what I'm looking at.

Thanks.

Last edited by supersolo; 11th November 2019 at 15:12.
supersolo is offline   Reply With Quote