View Single Post
Old 14th May 2018, 23:32   #3088  |  Link
manolito

Hi Sir Didymus,

good to see you back here after about 2 years...

You are right, all credits for handling these out of range chapters go to BatchMux, not to MuxMan.

Did another test which confirmed it. The source file was PAL, length was 6min 10sec. It had chapters at 2:00, 4:00 and 6:00. I exported these chapters to the OGG format. Then fired up AVStoDVD and told it to create an NTSC DVD structure. A2D used soft pulldown (correctly, the source was progressive). Then I imported the previously saved OGG chapters file, and the chapters window told me that I had chapters at 2:30, 5:00 and 7:30.

After the conversion which went without errors I played the DVD, and it had chapters at 2:30 and 5:00. The last chapter at 7:30 had not been included.

Had I tried to mux these chapters only using Muxman then Muxman woud have refused to mux and author this project. So it was really BatchMux which protected Muxman from receiving a chapter point outside of the video length. Very cool...

But of course it is still not correct how A2D handles this case. The whole point of using a chapter file which is based on absolute time stamps (as opposed to frame numbers which need to change with the target FPS) is to be independent of the target FPS. Right now A2D does not handle these OGG chapter files correctly when using pulldown.

In another test I used hard FPS conversion to NTSC with ChangeFPS. This time after importing the OGG chapter file the chapter points were correct. Looks like FPS conversion using pulldown needs to be fixed when importing OGG chapters.

Cheers
manolito
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote