View Single Post
Old 12th June 2019, 15:03   #84  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Apparently M$ aint updating machines to 1903 that dont have recent drivers, that would probably include both tablet/laptops (from different manufacturers),
I'm guessin' that they knew that mouse drivers did not work proper from 1809 and decided just to dump them in the crapper. It is possible maybe that I can
roll back to previous version driver, perhaps I'll try. [A mouse is a mouse, what could possibly be so wrong to cause them damn probs].
Mind you, I also read that similar right click delay can be caused by a rogue app store app, I have I think only 1 app store app on both machines,
a bus countdown type thing, maybe I uninstall and see what happens.

On windows 2000 (still my favourite), if you selected a couple of hundred files to delete, click the button and 2 seconds max, all files where gone.
Windows XP same thing, took maybe 30-40 seconds to do same thing.
W7, starts deleting and says calculating how long it will take, and finishes the deletes (30,40,50 seconds) whilst still calculating [???].
W10, not sure, think much the same as W7.

W7, copy to USB drive, uses awful system caching thing, and then tells you its got 5 seconds left till finish, 5 minutes later, still got 5 seconds left till done, Progress eh.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote