View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2020, 15:19   #19  |  Link
samf88

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
I ask, as I can't run KNLMeansCL on this PC, so I haven't seen the final denoising, but InputType-2 throws away every second scanline, which is why it's fixing the jaggies. InputType=1 doesn't (I don't think), so it's not fixing the jaggies, but I wonder if MAA().QTGMC(InputType=1) might retain more detail. Just a thought.
There seems to be more jaggies doing it that way.

Quote:
A very minor nitpick...
I'm pretty sure the final cropping and resizing can be done this way to avoid the conversion to RGB and back. The resizer is just shifting the pixels by 1.

W = Width()
H = Height()
Spline36Resize(W, H, 0,1,W,H)
Crop(10, 2, -18, -2)
FillMargins(0,1,0,1)
Funny you should suggest that as I was originally using z_Spline36Resize to shift - I can't actually remember the reason why I switched to the colour space conversion method.

Quote:
I'm a bit OCD about a minimum aspect ratio of 4:3, so I'd probably crop a few more pixels top and bottom to get there. I'd also crop a few more pixels left and right to get rid of the "halo line" on the left and make the right border cleaner.
Annoyingly the video has wildly different cropping values throughout, I suspect due to being edited on video or something. I don't know if there's a filter to automatically detect and rearrange different crop values, but I'm not keen on the idea of overcropping - even though that halo line is really bugging me. I never resize either, unless I'm using nnedi_rpow2 or going from 1080p>720p, etc. I set SAR in the encoder as some devices don't seem to pick up setting a DAR in the container. I get what you mean though, almost like a mini version of when TV channels cropped 4:3 images to 14:9 to help during the AR transition era.

Quote:
If you're interested, you can look at all that fun stuff with my script, whether you resize or not. It'll tell you what the final aspect ratio will be, and you can specify an aspect ratio for it to crop to, to see how much extra it'll crop etc.

CropResize(0,0, 16, 2, -20, -2, InSAR=12.0/11.0, CropDAR=4.0/3.0, NoResize=true, Info=true)
Very fancy! I will keep a note of that for future use. Thanks so much for all your help.
samf88 is offline   Reply With Quote