View Single Post
Old 27th January 2018, 19:37   #10  |  Link
iwod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonatans View Post
We have just added an online comparison of xvc and h.264 for low bit rate streaming scenarios: https://www.divideon.com/products-an...ming-with-xvc/

Please have a look and share your thoughts!
At this moment i really wish someone could explain to me how to always be optimistic, because they say I am a pessimist.

Quote:
If technology removal occurs, service providers with large assets of xvc bitstreams have the options of:
1) transcode their bitstreams to the new xvc version (which might be a lightweight process depending on the technology that is being replaced and which might even offer better compression if the new xvc version also includes new compression tools)
2) come to an agreement with the patent holder outside of the xvc licensing program in order to be able to continue to use the technology.
3) ditch the xvc version of their legacy assets and fall back to their h.264 version for those assets (which they'll probably anyway have, in order to support some legacy platforms) and just use the new xvc version for new assets.
1. Well there goes Youtube, Hulu, Netflix, or basically every other big streaming site or providers. So after patents problem 1 they re-encode their files, then when patents problem number 2 happens they repeat that again?

2. What if you cant come to agreement if they purposely charge you an outrageous amount?

3. Ditching everything they have done?

I dont think this is a technology problem, but an go to market problem.
iwod is offline   Reply With Quote