View Single Post
Old 7th July 2014, 18:37   #4  |  Link
jdobbs

I can't think of any other method that will give you comparable results in terms of quality. But, that doesn't necessarily imply "best". There are, for example, faster methods and perhaps methods that don't burden you with as many options. I think that's probably the only thing I would change if I had to do it again. Most of the settings never need to be changed, and some of them sound like gibberish to someone who is unfamiliar with MPEG terms. I just added too many settings in order to try and satisfy everyone. More hidden options and fewer menu/settings dialog options probably would have been better.

The main reason it is no longer developed is that I stopped getting consequential bug reports, and frankly ran out of meaningful new features to add. That, and the fact that I started spending most of my free time on BD Rebuilder.

I decided not to support CCE3 because I got tired of the authors completely revamping their settings layout with every new release (resulting in many hours of recoding on my part). It is also my belief that HCEncode has progressed to a point at which its quality is as good as CCE -- and its price (free) is better.

Last edited by jdobbs; 7th July 2014 at 18:49.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote