View Single Post
Old 9th December 2018, 01:22   #5  |  Link
abolibibelot

Quote:
Yeh well that is one difference and could affect vectors (although why it might make it better, ???).
Well, I couldn't say for sure that it's indeed better (I would need a perfect shot as a comparison !), but, if you saw the screenshots, the front of the bike seems “more straight”, and the letters on the box are better shaped ; but there are extra artifacts on the bike's left handle ; hard to say with just one frame.

Quote:
I think you said 35 mins clip somewhere, so I would not consider that to provide much of a time overhead.
Indeed, but I'd like this to be completed by the 25th, and I'm progressing really slowly ! My main issue right now is to get the stabilization right before applying the interpolation filtering (most of the interpolation hard work is done, but I'll have to start all over again for about 2 min. worth of footage which were slowed down in the final rendered movie, which I used before as a source for Sawbones / FrameSurgeon, therefore the frame numbers are off for that part).
I've tried using Deshaker within an Avisynth script : it works, the problem is that it works only in RGB colorspace, and if I add a ConvertToRGB command before, then the interpolation commands no longer work.
“MSuper: Clip must be YUV or YUY2 or planar RGB/RGBA” (for the Morph function)
“FrameSurgeon: Id Interpolation commands Planar and YUY2 ONLY”
(In the first case I don't understand why it doesn't work, since RGB is apparently allowed. Or is “planar RGB” something else entirely ?)
Another problem is that Deshaker runs the second pass each time the script is reloaded, which takes way too long and is not practical at all.
So, is there a way to avoid a triple colorspace conversion (since I will have to export the pre-processed files as RGB to avoid color discrepancies once the lossless intermediates are imported into the NLE), and to avoid having to first export the stabilized footage before applying the interpolation treatment ?
I've tried DePanStabilize, which is a native Avisynth filter and works in YUV, but I have a hard time finding a comprehensive documentation.
- Can I get it to zoom in to remove the “dancing” black borders ?
- Can it store the stabilizing parameters in a log file, to speed up further processing and playback once the calculations have been done ?
- Another issue is that when a frame n is blurred, the stabilizer sometimes aligns the frame n+1 with the upper or lower edges of the blurred frame, whereas it should align it with the frame n-1 to avoid an unwanted sudden jerkiness. I managed to improve that behaviour with Deshaker by increasing the “Motion smoothness” values, so is there an equivalent parameter with DePanStabilize ? Or would it be better to apply the interpolation filters before stabilizing, so that the stabilizer can deal with “clean” frames ? But in this case, won't that make the interpolations worse, in those cases where the adjacent frames are misaligned ?

Last edited by abolibibelot; 9th December 2018 at 01:43.
abolibibelot is offline   Reply With Quote